It’s the most wonderful time of the year!! No, not Christmas, BACK TO SCHOOL!!! And in order to commemorate this glorious season, we are focusing on creating some fabulous at-home Study Spaces. As a former elementary school teacher, I know my way around a classroom, so sit back and soak up the tips on how to incorporate a spot for ultimate learning in your own home.
If you’re having trouble getting your kids to concentrate on their homework, maybe all you need to kick-start your kid’s study habits is a change of scenery! For most kids, a homework space that provides a quiet atmosphere for focus and inspirational colors for creativity would make homework time more pleasant.
While your teen might complain about doing homework, try to make the process a little more fun. Remember: just because your kids are young doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style. After all, it's your house.
Here are some tips to get you started in creating the ultimate learning space for your child to learn:
1. Paint/Wallpaper: Brighten a room by painting the walls or the shelves a bold, invigorating color. Consider adding a paper mural to one wall of your room to create a fun and inviting atmosphere.
2. Furnishing: To make your child's learning space feel like home, try to incorporate a desk with storage and a coordinating bookcase or file cabinet. And let’s not forget a comfortable chair will make your child feel at ease!
3. Lighting: Consider having at least two types of lighting in your workspace, including ambient light and task lighting.
4. Let’s keep it organized: Make the most of your space by adding shelves, corkboard, pegboard, cubbies, baskets, and containers to keep your child’s space tidy. Stay organized with a DIY Pin Board/Bulletin board that not only looks beautiful!
5. Personalization: Add your child’s name or favorite color to personalize the space. Or display artwork that is special to your child.
Making changes around your home or office can be fun and invigorating. It's also a great way to increase productivity, whether you're revamping your study room or office space, or simply making some changes around the rest of your house.
We understand that the furniture buying process can be overwhelming. We specialize in simplifying it for you by offering a full-service design experience—from conception to installation. Visit our Service Page to get started today!